Recreational Insurance

Recreational Insurance In Michigan

Most Michigan residents who own RVs, motorhomes, campers, and other off-road vehicles hesitate to buy recreational insurance because of the confusion surrounding such a policy. This conflicting complication arises because recreational vehicles can be insured through your auto or homeowner's insurance policies. Richard J Selleck & Sons Agency Inc. will help you to find an ultimate indemnity plan for your recreational vehicles.

In case of any unforeseen event, a recreational insurance plan which is attached to your standard auto insurance policy may cover:

  • Property damage.
  • Medical payments.
  • Bodily injury.
  • Personal injury protection.
  • Umbrella insurance.

If you are the owner of a recreational vehicle, you need to purchase insurance whether you are a part-time or full-timer recreational travelers. This mandatory minimum liability in Michigan is not enough to provide coverage to your recreational vehicle in case of a lawsuit or an accident. It's prudent to analyze other additional recreational coverages to guarantee you ultimate protection in case of any incertitude. Visit us today at Richard J Selleck & Sons Agency Inc. offices in Michigan to get more information about recreation insurance from our charismatic agents.

How much recreational insurance do I need?

The amount of Recreational insurance you need is pegged on factors such as:

  • The class or category of the RV you own.
  • The legal requirement in the state in which you live.
  • Are you utilizing your recreational vehicle part-time on living on it on full-time terms?
  • Whether you possess custom features on your motorhome, which can culminate into higher repair costs.

What does Recreational Insurance cover?

  • Bodily injury liability: This coverage caters for bodily injuries you may be liable for if you cause an accident with your RV. If someone is injured, this cover can help pay their loss of income and medical bills.
  • Property damage liability: This coverage caters for compensation for paying for damages to another person's property or vehicle if you cause an accident and you are at fault.
  • Collision: It pays for damage to your RV if you are in an auto accident with another vehicle, fence, potholes, tree posts, rock outcrop.
  • Comprehensive: This coverage provides damages other than collision to your Recreational vehicle. These covered perils include theft, falling objects, fire, storms, vandalism, and some natural disasters stated in your policy document.
  • Uninsured and underinsured motorist: It caters to damages and injuries when your RV is involved in an accident with another driver who is under-insured or un-insured.
  • Medical payments: This type of policy covers medical bills for you, family members, and passengers boarding your RV at the time of the accident in case of bodily injuries. This can also be used for various outdoor vehicles.

RVs and outdoor activities provide scintillating moments when exploring the more lavish countryside and beyond. Do you have a recreational insurance policy as an owner of a recreational vehicle or camper in Michigan? Call us or visit our Richard J Selleck & Sons Agency Inc. offices today for more detailed information.

Our Insurance Services

When it comes to insurance, we strive to provide the best. We can help you get the following coverages:

Partner Carriers

  • Allstate
  • American Modern
  • American Strategic (ASI)
  • Bristol West
  • Burns & Wilcox
  • Citizens
  • Dovetail
  • Foremost
  • Grange
  • Great Lakes Mutual
  • Nationwide
  • New York Life
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Titan