Home Insurance In Michigan
There is only one place to go to if you are looking to insure your home. We strive to help all of our customers here at Richard J Selleck & Sons Agency Inc. in Michigan. No matter where you live in Michigan, protecting your home and personal belongings should be your number one priority. This is because many things can happen that are out of your control that can break your pockets if you are left to pick up the pieces and replace everything yourself.
Home Insurance Requirements
If you finance your home through a lender, you will be more than likely asked to show proof of home insurance. This helps to keep their financial interest in the property protected at all costs. However, Michigan does not require homeowners to purchase insurance on their personal property or their homes. It is recommended.
Home Insurance Coverage Options
Home insurance coverage consists of the following:
- Dwelling coverage - The structure of your home, including the walls and roof, are protected under this coverage.
- Personal property coverage - Everything inside your home, including your furniture, is protected with this coverage option, whether it is stolen out of your home or damaged.
- Liability protection - If a person files a lawsuit against you after injuring themselves while on your property or if you cause damage to their property, this coverage will protect and defend you.
- Guest medical protection - If someone were to get injured while on your property, this coverage will pay for their medical expenses.
- Other structures - All other structures that are not physically attached to your home, such as a detached garage, are protected through this coverage.
- Additional living expenses - If you suffer a temporary loss of your home, this coverage option will cover any expenses.
To obtain a quote today, visit our Richard J Selleck & Sons Agency Inc. website today. We serve all homeowners in the state of Michigan.